8 Bisquits servings
- 206 Gram All Purpose Flour
- 206 Gram Cake Flour
- 0.5 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 8.52 Gram Kosher Salt
- 96.92 Gram Granulated Sugar
- 12 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 255 Gram Buttermilk
- 8 Teaspoon sugar crystals
- Preheat the oven to 300*F.
- In a mixer with the whisk attachment, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Combine the dry ingredients on low speed for 1 minute.
- Dice the cold butter into 1/4" pieces and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix for 1-2 minutes to distribute the butter.
- Remove the mixture from the mixer and transfer it to a stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Using a gloved hand, continue to mix the mixture until the ingredients come together - the dough will begin to form small pea-sized shapes.
- Add the buttermilk to the dry mix, using a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl clean.
- Using a gloved hand, gently mix the buttermilk into the dry mix. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow the dry mix to absorb the buttermilk.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 8 even sections and scoop onto the parchment paper.
- Lightly spray the tops of the biscuits with the pan spray and gently press down to flatten the tops using a gloved hand.
- Sprinkle biscuits with the sugar crystals - approximately 1 teaspoon per biscuit.
- Place the biscuits into the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until just golden and spring back to form with a light touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Best enjoyed with local strawberries, a little strawberry juice, and whipped cream!
All recipes are the property of Clyde’s Restaurant Group.