- ASIAN MARKET SHOPPING LIST:
- Wasabi powder
- Sweet chili sauce
- Sushi rice
- Thai green curry paste
- Tobiko (frozen)
- Coconut milk
- CRAB SALAD
- 1 lb Jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/4 c Mayo
- 1 t Wasabi powder
- 1 T Sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 Brunoise red pepper
- 2 T Chopped chives
- CITRUS MISO VINAIGRETTE
- 1 c Blonde miso paste
- ¼ c Honey
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon, 1 lime, 2 oranges, 1/2 grapefruit
- 3 Shallots, minced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 c Fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 c Canola oil
- 1 T Sesame oil
- In a blender, combine first six ingredients until liquefied.
Strain through fine mesh sieve and return to blender.
Over medium-low speed slowly drizzle oils to emulsify. Season if necessary.
- Cut wonton diagonally, brush with a mixture of oil, wasabi, salt and pepper and bake at 300 degrees until crisp.
Sushi Rice Cake
- Cook rice in rice cooker according to directions with coconut milk instead of water.
Add Thai green curry paste to taste, as well as sugar, salt, white pepper, and toasted coconut.
Spread on cookie sheet to cool, and then punch out discs with a cutter, and deep-fry until crispy on the outside.
Push tower onto fried rice cake and top with avocado and a wonton chip.
- Layer in a custom ring mold (JB Prince) or PVC pipe (Home Depot) as follows:
Place ring on a piece of wax paper or parchment then put the seaweed salad on the bottom (about a 1/4").
Crab salad in the middle (fill to the top).
Top with a thin layer of tobiko (flying fish roe).
Tower will unmold easier if it sits refrigerated overnight.
All recipes are the property of Clyde’s Restaurant Group. Revised September 2018.