With everyone's safety in mind and following government directives, all Clyde's Restaurant Group locations ended all full-service dining effectively March 16, 2020. While our bar & dining rooms are closed, minimal staffing is needed. Therefore, all hourly staff members were temporarily laid off.
During these difficult days, we are prioritizing the physical and mental health of all of our employees. Below are a few steps we have taken to care for our Clyde's family.
- Paid PTO and/or Sick & Safe Leave for ALL of our employees
- 100% Paid health insurance coverage, including temporary laid-off employees
- Employee Assistance Program – providing health, wellbeing and legal counsel
- Providing free employee meals (2 meals per person, available at least 3 times a week)
- Expanded employee food discount
- Created a meal program and partnership with Martha’s Table to create more jobs and bring back hourly employees as soon as possible https://fooditforwarddc.com/
- Started a nonprofit Clyde's Restaurant Employee Assistance Fund with trusted steward, Greater Washington Community Foundation. Clyde's Restaurant Employee Assistance Fund was created to provide financial aid to CRG employees whose income is being adversely affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
- Seeded the fund with a percentage of sales from our carryout business
If you prefer to pay by check, please make it payable to The Greater Washington Community Foundation and put Clyde’s on the note line or insert a note with the check specifying that the gift is for the Clyde’s Restaurant Employee Assistance Fund.
The Greater Washington Community Foundation
1325 G Street, Suite 480
Washington, DC 20005