- ½ lb Butter
- 1 lb Carrots, small diced
- 1 lb Onions, small diced
- 1 lb Celery, small diced
- ½ gal Chicken stock
- 23 oz Clam juice
- 3 T Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ c Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 T Black pepper
- 1 ½ qt Small diced potatoes
- 3 lb Canned diced tomatoes in juice
- ½ lb Diced fresh green beans
- ½ lb Corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 T Dry mustard
- ¼ c Horseradish
- 13 oz Tomato juice
- 1 T Crab base
- 1 lb Lump or claw crab meat, available in grocery store fish department (fresh or pasteurized)
- Sauté carrots, celery and onions in the butter for 10 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients except corn and peas.
Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
Add peas and corn.
Add 1 lb. cleaned (shelled) crab meat to soup and heat through, trying not to break up crab meat too much.
Serve in a large soup bowl with crackers (oyster) or crusty baguette.
*We use Minors for our crab base... you should be able to get crab base in the grocery store. Buy the best available (without added ingredients or MSG).
All recipes are the property of Clyde’s Restaurant Group. Revised March 2017.